2020 TAA Youth Ambassador Applications
The Tourette Association of America has just announced their 2020 Youth Ambassador applications and training schedule.
In addition, the TAA will also be hosting another Youth Ambassador Training in conjunction with the Youth Ambassador Rising Leaders Training on March 2- March 4, 2020 at the Hyatt Centric Arlington in Arlington, VA.
- Giving peer to peer presentations (schools, after-school clubs, scout meetings, athletic team meetings), etc.
- Informing the schools at which they present of the availability of a Chapter representative who can come in to educate staff.
- Increasing awareness and understanding of Tourette & tic disorders in your community
- Increasing media attention. Many newspapers print the press releases that Youth Ambassadors send them before and after their training.
- Assisting Chapter/Support group meetings and events
- Being mentors to youth with TS.
- Representing the Chapter at Capitol Hill during National Advocacy Day.
- Writing to and meeting with politicians locally.
- Enhancing fundraising efforts.
Youth Ambassador Training
- Training Dates: March 2- March 4, 2020
- Where: Arlington, VA
Follow up with your Center of Excellence for more information.