2019 Tourette Awareness Month
It is quickly becoming the most exciting time of the year again….Tourette Syndrome Awareness Month!
So, what can you do to promote Tourette Syndrome awareness in your area. The Tourette Association of American has provided us with five ways that raise awareness. For immediate and simple ways to promote right from your own area, try the following:
1) Promote TS awareness
- Wear Teal Tuesdays– Every Tuesday starting on May 16th, wear teal to promote the TS awareness. Don’t be afraid to be creative. Nail color, jewelry, buttons, clothing, shoes and more.
- Make it Social: Customize your profile picture #ThisisTourette #TouretteAwareness and #TourettePledge
- Write to your local Congressional Leader with “Rally4Tourette.”
2) Take the Tourette Pledge: Take the Tourette Pledge to stop using Tourette Syndrome as a punchline.
3) Join one of your Tourette Awareness Support Group Events.
- Check in with your local support group leaders for Virtual walks, or even create your own to promote awareness in your home town.
- Join a Team Tourette event!
4) Make a Donation: Help make life better for all people affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
For more information on how to promote TS Awareness Month, click on the TS Awareness Month Tool-Kit 2019 here.
Let your local Center of Excellence know that you are interested in getting involved for Tourette Awareness month and join their efforts to support the mission.