Center of Excellence Director Meeting in Atlanta
The Tourette Association had it’s first annual combined Medical Advisory Board Meeting and National Centers of Excellence Meeting in Atlanta, GA on April 25th and April 26th.
The Centers of Excellence Meeting was focus on collaborating with the nationally recognized centers, brainstorming directions for future research, treatment and directions for care. The Medical Advisory Board Meeting focused on collaborating to improve provision of care to children and adults with Tourette syndrome, promoting research, and brainstorming directions for the future.
The Southeast Regional Centers of Excellence was presented a plaque, along with the other members of the Southeast Regional Center of Excellence to represent their above standard care in the field of Tourette Syndrome and Tic Disorders. Attendees were (pictured left to right):
- Dr. Tanya Murphy (University of South Florida/Rothman Center)
- Dr. Michael Okun (University of Florida)
- Dr. Jorge Juncos (Emory University)
- Dr. Irene Malaty (University of Florida)
- John Miller (TAA President & CEO)
- Rovena Schirling (TAA Board of Directors)
- Dr. Rebecca Lehman (Palmetto Health-University of South Carolina)
- Heather Simpson, MOT, OTR/L (University of Florida)
- Dr. Kevin St. P. McNaught (TAA Executive Vice President)
- Dr. Leon Dure and Dr. Jan Rowe (University of Alabama-Birmingham) were unable to attend, but plaques were presented.
For more information on the Centers of Excellence Programs, visit the Tourette Association website.